The Bulgarian Citizenship by Investment program
The latest news about the Bulgarian CBI
- Bulgarian Constitution and Bulgarian citizenship – lost in the translation!The official English translation of the Constitution of the Republic of Bulgaria – some thoughts… We have repeatedly written about the contradictions between the Constitution of the Republic of Bulgaria (CRB) and the Bulgarian Citizenship Law (BCL). The most crucial flaw in our view is the fundamental provision of Art.
- Is a claim under the Law on Liability of the State and Municipalities for Damages justified if the plaintiff’s “legitimate expectations” have been violated?Please click for the original article (in Bulgarian) The Bulgarian Constitution and the Law on Liability of the State and Municipalities for Damages (LLSMD) provide for the liability of the State for damages. These should be caused by unlawful acts, actions or omissions. But can this liability be engaged if
- Amendments to the Bulgarian Citizenship Law – PART TWOMore proposals for changes to the Bulgarian Citizenship Law in 2023? We recently wrote about the proposed changes by Kostadin Kostadinov and other MPs to the Bulgarian Citizenship Law (BCL). Today we will analyze the other proposed amendments to the BCL, namely the bills of: The proposed changes are not
- Changes to the Bulgarian Citizenship LawWhat will change in the Bulgarian Citizenship Law in 2023-2024? Today, 21.09.2023, the Bulgarian Parliament voted several bills to amend and supplement the Bulgarian Citizenship Law (BCL). The MPs were surprisingly unanimous, which makes us think that the Bulgarian Citizenship Law changes will be adopted at the second reading. But
- Revocation of naturalisation (cancellation of Bulgarian citizenship)Revocation of Bulgarian citizenship after fraudulent marriage Are the Bulgarian laws too severe? Is the Bulgarian penal code fair? Are the conditions for revocation of Bulgarian citizenship too harsh? How easy is for the government to revoke the Bulgarian citizenship of a naturalized foreigner? The answer to these questions is